Seasoned world traveler Donna Zeigfinger founded Green Earth Travel in 1997 with one mission in mind: to provide a wide range of travel options for people who crave adventure and care about the planet. Since then, the company has remained on the cutting edge of conscientious traveling and become the nation’s premiere vegetarian/vegan/eco travel agency.
Green Earth Travel lives up to its name by booking tours that promote sustainability, biodiversity and leaving a light footprint on the planet. Donna uses her own eco-travel experiences to meticulously plan each vacation package and turn fantasy vacations into reality. She specializes in creating customized Volunteer Vacation and Adventure Travelpackages for groups, individuals, couples and families.
Donna doesn’t do cheap cookie-cutter vacations. Instead, she consults with each prospective client to identify exactly what they want to get out of their trip, and then helps people choose from a menu of options. After that, she makes all the arrangements – taking the stress and worry of pre-trip preparation completely off of her clients’ shoulders. The personal touch Donna brings to vacation planning, as well as her attention to detail and outstanding customer relations, are all part of what make Green Earth Travel’s signature travel services special.
CV Highlights – Donna Zeigfinger, Green Earth Travel president and owner:
- Certified travel specialist in Ireland, Scotland and Kenya
- Member of the Shamrock Club (certified Ireland travel specialists), the International Vegetarian Union (business member)
- International Ecotourism Society (member)
- Green America (business member of the National Green Pages)
In The News
- Featured in numerous publications, including:
- Newspapers – the New York Times, Los Angeles Times and Washington Post
- Magazines – Veg News, Vegetarian Times, Travel Life and Travel Age
- Spoken about the benefits of sustainable tourism as a guest on various radio and television programs